Skip to main content

When the Universe Just "Gets You"

First thing, I'm a huge fan of the cosmos...the great beyond outside of our small bubble. Space, that final frontier as the Trek-fans so lovely call it. I love stars and as a child always told my Mom that when I grew up, I was going to have a dining room that was a planetarium complete with nothing but astroturf because EVERY night, if I wanted to have a picnic under the stars if I so desired.

Ah the beauty and imagination of youth. <3

Well today I stumbled upon a friend's sharing of the following link:

https://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/what-did-hubble-see-on-your-birthday

NASA's incredible Hubble Telescope is still taking gorgeous shots of our incredible expansive space far outside of our own universe. I jumped at the chance to see whatever Hubble captured on one of my birthdates and was blessed with this image:


The description is as follows...

On April 14 in 2006

Galaxy ESO 99-4

ESO 99-4 is a galaxy with a highly peculiar shape. It is probably the remnant of a merger process that has deformed it, leaving the main body largely obscured by dark bands of dust.

If you take it at face value it's just stunningly beautiful...but me, as I tend to do, read in between the lines and felt that in some ways that I am also quite peculiar both in personality and in shape, my life is indeed a merger process having had to adjust to life without so many of my loved ones having lost my mother and grandparents all during important times in my development as a person; and with those mergers and my combination of depression and anxiety which I treat daily still leaves me and my body of work (my life), obscured at times by darkness. (Like woah!)

Whether you just enjoy the sight of what you find or look for deeper meaning in the stars. I encourage you to check out the NASA Hubble sight and see what was captured on one of your birthdays.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Picture A-Z Challenge: "B"

It's the second week of my Best Picture A-Z Challenge whereby I watch an Academy Award Best Picture Winner for each letter of the alphabet plus a numerical entry. However with one additional rule...it has to be a film that I have NOT yet seen. So I build my list and then if there's more than one choice I offer up a vote to suggest which one to watch.  This challenge is the letter B and so here were my choices: R  1995 ‧ War/Drama ‧ 3h 2m [1]  https://www.google.com/search?q=braveheart&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS930US930&oq=brave&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j46i433j69i57j69i59j46i433i457j0i433j0i131i433j69i60.3407j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 AND after the votes were in, my "B" challenge became to watch: William Wallace is the medieval Scottish patriot who is spurred into revolt against the English when the love of his life is slaughtered. Leading his army into battles that become a war, his advance into England threatens King Edward I's throne before he is captured...

Best Picture A-Z Challenge: "A"

Today I started one of my few artistic/pop-culture challenges for myself of the new year. I'm calling it the Best Picture A-Z Challenge: watch an Academy Award Best Picture Winner for each letter of the alphabet plus a numerical entry. Oh and add in one catch...it has to be a film that I have NOT yet seen. So I build my list and then if there's more than one choice I offer up a vote to suggest which one to watch.  This first challenge is the letter A and so here were my choices: AND after the votes were in, my "A" challenge became to watch: 1960 ‧ Romance/Comedy ‧ 2h 5m Insurance worker C.C. Baxter (Jack Lemmon) lends his Upper West Side apartment to company bosses to use for extramarital affairs. When his manager Mr. Sheldrake (Fred MacMurray) begins using Baxter's apartment in exchange for promoting him, Baxter is disappointed to learn that Sheldrake's mistress i s Fran Kubelik (Shirley MacLaine), the elevator girl at work whom Baxter is interested in himsel...

Writer's Wednesday: A Poem About A Failed Relationship

HE WAS A WORDSMITH Poem by Anna Maria Terlinden Rogers He was a wordsmith. I hold him in a memory. I am beautifully resilient. I have always been. I am blessed by that.  You were my Achilles' heel, the wax I built my wings out of as I tried to fly towards the sun, the shine on those 30 pieces of silver that I betrayed a Messiah for. You were the chink in my armor,  the fruit that I wanted to taste just because I wanted knowledge, the person I would have let cut my hair, allowing you to leave me weak. I am blessed to have survived.  I always do. I am beautifully resilient. I hold him in a memory. He was a wordsmith.