Skip to main content

MY ULI BEAR FUREVER

 

LOVE SOMETIMES SHOWS UP ON FOUR LEGS.

Today is national puppy day and today I had to say goodbye to my first ever puppy. She was the first dog I had who came to Jim and I as a 2 month old little ball of fluff and joy. Easton was so slow to warm up to her but her tenacity won him over. She was our “perma-puppy” because she forever looked in the face like the little girl I first held almost 14 years ago.

She loved chicken and steak and pizza crust. She loved to go for rides. She had a tail that had just a bit of hair on it after dealing with some health issues but you could always see how fast it wagged. Her smile was so big...and she could still catch treats like a pro. She was a dedicated advocate of lawns and would bark through the window at anyone who dared to tread on their own lawns....she would say “Get off your lawn, don’t you know you’re stepping on your lawn?!” She originated the “Uulbear Stare” which is the look she would make when she was tired of all the nonsense. She was my first girl doggie and I thought she was one of the most beautiful creatures on the earth.
Thank you all for your love and support today. To me ULI is one of the most beautiful dogs who has ever lived. Today we snuggled in bed. She ate chicken McNuggets which are her favorite and I told her how good a girl she has been her whole life. She is the first pet I have mustered up the strength to be there 100% through her crossing of the rainbow bridge. She followed me everywhere and I would not let her go alone today.
I am thankful that science has allowed their passing to be so humane and peaceful. I will love her forever and I am so grateful her daddy let her be our little girl so many years ago.
My sweet dutchess. My Uli Buli. My kin of Cagool. The sweetest Cagool. My perma-puppy. My pupsi. Uli Bear Rogers you are loved so very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOXING in the KITCHEN: Hello Fresh!

OUR FIRST MONTH OF BOXING IN THE KITCHEN: Boxed dinners that is provided by various great options and we have paid for our boxes so these responses and reviews are completely our own and not compensated by anyone; and with that - here we go! THE COOK'S EXPERIENCE (ERIK'S SIDE/HE SAID) When my significant other suggested that we try cooking at home, I was really excited. I was thinking to myself, now I can show off my culinary skills and introduce her to the cooking of my childhood. She suggested that we try the box subscription, Hello Fresh and immediately I could hear my mother in the background of my brain saying, "I taught you how to cook, you're better than that." From a cook's perspective, I really enjoyed cooking the Hello Fresh kits. They came neatly prepared and ready to go. The instructions were so simple, it didn't take a lot of time to prepare them. I get off of work at 5:30 pm so by the time I get home and take the fur kids out for a little bit...

Best Picture A-Z Challenge: "B"

It's the second week of my Best Picture A-Z Challenge whereby I watch an Academy Award Best Picture Winner for each letter of the alphabet plus a numerical entry. However with one additional rule...it has to be a film that I have NOT yet seen. So I build my list and then if there's more than one choice I offer up a vote to suggest which one to watch.  This challenge is the letter B and so here were my choices: R  1995 ‧ War/Drama ‧ 3h 2m [1]  https://www.google.com/search?q=braveheart&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS930US930&oq=brave&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j46i433j69i57j69i59j46i433i457j0i433j0i131i433j69i60.3407j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 AND after the votes were in, my "B" challenge became to watch: William Wallace is the medieval Scottish patriot who is spurred into revolt against the English when the love of his life is slaughtered. Leading his army into battles that become a war, his advance into England threatens King Edward I's throne before he is captured...

Best Picture A-Z Challenge: "A"

Today I started one of my few artistic/pop-culture challenges for myself of the new year. I'm calling it the Best Picture A-Z Challenge: watch an Academy Award Best Picture Winner for each letter of the alphabet plus a numerical entry. Oh and add in one catch...it has to be a film that I have NOT yet seen. So I build my list and then if there's more than one choice I offer up a vote to suggest which one to watch.  This first challenge is the letter A and so here were my choices: AND after the votes were in, my "A" challenge became to watch: 1960 ‧ Romance/Comedy ‧ 2h 5m Insurance worker C.C. Baxter (Jack Lemmon) lends his Upper West Side apartment to company bosses to use for extramarital affairs. When his manager Mr. Sheldrake (Fred MacMurray) begins using Baxter's apartment in exchange for promoting him, Baxter is disappointed to learn that Sheldrake's mistress i s Fran Kubelik (Shirley MacLaine), the elevator girl at work whom Baxter is interested in himsel...