Skip to main content

Where I Stand...Just so We're Clear



No matter the results...

I denounce white supremacy.

I value science.

I think there is no place in our hearts for homophobia.

I think transphobia is deplorable.

I think income inequality is just shameful.

I think our military are beyond honorable.

I think our prisioners of war should be held in honor.

I believe in thinking people who don't just follow in lock step with anyone.

I believe that facts are more important than rhetoric.

I think that abelism is beyond limiting and uncalled for.

I believe in choice .

I don’t believe in abortion as birth control.

I do believe in responsible birth control options and access to these.

I find bullies abhorrent. 

I find education and critical thinking valuable. 

I think racism is horrific. 

I think sizism is just mean.

I think agism is so shortsighted. 

I think women should be whatever they want to be without the pressure of anyone deciding that.

I cannot stand cults of personality.

I cannot 100% stand behind any human being who is elected into office. 

I am the daughter of a father who lived through Nazi Germany.

I am saddened to see to see populism grab this country that I love by the throat.

I am sorry we’re in an abusive relationship with our government.

I am saddened to see so many of our country is afraid to leave their abuser. 

I pray for our country.

I pray.

I believe all paths lead to the truth regardless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOXING in the KITCHEN: Hello Fresh!

OUR FIRST MONTH OF BOXING IN THE KITCHEN: Boxed dinners that is provided by various great options and we have paid for our boxes so these responses and reviews are completely our own and not compensated by anyone; and with that - here we go! THE COOK'S EXPERIENCE (ERIK'S SIDE/HE SAID) When my significant other suggested that we try cooking at home, I was really excited. I was thinking to myself, now I can show off my culinary skills and introduce her to the cooking of my childhood. She suggested that we try the box subscription, Hello Fresh and immediately I could hear my mother in the background of my brain saying, "I taught you how to cook, you're better than that." From a cook's perspective, I really enjoyed cooking the Hello Fresh kits. They came neatly prepared and ready to go. The instructions were so simple, it didn't take a lot of time to prepare them. I get off of work at 5:30 pm so by the time I get home and take the fur kids out for a little bit...

What I DIDN'T Set Out to Do with My Life: Polarize

If you've read any of my blog posts or have been through my dips in depression via my Facebook feed, you'll know that I think a LOT about what other people think. I'm trying hard to reverse that tendency but honestly the deprogramming to want to be liked by everyone (or most people); is a harder knot to unravel than I had previously thought. In many ways, I believe I have what is called a polarizing personality. It wasn't something I intended in any way, shape or form to have but as I do an inventory of my life and relationships I find that either people like me a lot or basically just hate me or want nothing really to do with me. I suppose I have a large brushstroke of people who are lukewarm but I have come over the years to realize that the toxic traits in myself that I continue to work towards uncovering or better yet evolving past really do tend to alienate people that I once honestly would have gone the distance for. I think it's my tendency to over commit the...

Writer's Wednesday: A Poem About A Failed Relationship

HE WAS A WORDSMITH Poem by Anna Maria Terlinden Rogers He was a wordsmith. I hold him in a memory. I am beautifully resilient. I have always been. I am blessed by that.  You were my Achilles' heel, the wax I built my wings out of as I tried to fly towards the sun, the shine on those 30 pieces of silver that I betrayed a Messiah for. You were the chink in my armor,  the fruit that I wanted to taste just because I wanted knowledge, the person I would have let cut my hair, allowing you to leave me weak. I am blessed to have survived.  I always do. I am beautifully resilient. I hold him in a memory. He was a wordsmith.