Skip to main content

Where I Stand...Just so We're Clear



No matter the results...

I denounce white supremacy.

I value science.

I think there is no place in our hearts for homophobia.

I think transphobia is deplorable.

I think income inequality is just shameful.

I think our military are beyond honorable.

I think our prisioners of war should be held in honor.

I believe in thinking people who don't just follow in lock step with anyone.

I believe that facts are more important than rhetoric.

I think that abelism is beyond limiting and uncalled for.

I believe in choice .

I don’t believe in abortion as birth control.

I do believe in responsible birth control options and access to these.

I find bullies abhorrent. 

I find education and critical thinking valuable. 

I think racism is horrific. 

I think sizism is just mean.

I think agism is so shortsighted. 

I think women should be whatever they want to be without the pressure of anyone deciding that.

I cannot stand cults of personality.

I cannot 100% stand behind any human being who is elected into office. 

I am the daughter of a father who lived through Nazi Germany.

I am saddened to see to see populism grab this country that I love by the throat.

I am sorry we’re in an abusive relationship with our government.

I am saddened to see so many of our country is afraid to leave their abuser. 

I pray for our country.

I pray.

I believe all paths lead to the truth regardless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BOXING in the KITCHEN: Hello Fresh!

OUR FIRST MONTH OF BOXING IN THE KITCHEN: Boxed dinners that is provided by various great options and we have paid for our boxes so these responses and reviews are completely our own and not compensated by anyone; and with that - here we go! THE COOK'S EXPERIENCE (ERIK'S SIDE/HE SAID) When my significant other suggested that we try cooking at home, I was really excited. I was thinking to myself, now I can show off my culinary skills and introduce her to the cooking of my childhood. She suggested that we try the box subscription, Hello Fresh and immediately I could hear my mother in the background of my brain saying, "I taught you how to cook, you're better than that." From a cook's perspective, I really enjoyed cooking the Hello Fresh kits. They came neatly prepared and ready to go. The instructions were so simple, it didn't take a lot of time to prepare them. I get off of work at 5:30 pm so by the time I get home and take the fur kids out for a little bit...

Best Picture A-Z Challenge: "B"

It's the second week of my Best Picture A-Z Challenge whereby I watch an Academy Award Best Picture Winner for each letter of the alphabet plus a numerical entry. However with one additional rule...it has to be a film that I have NOT yet seen. So I build my list and then if there's more than one choice I offer up a vote to suggest which one to watch.  This challenge is the letter B and so here were my choices: R  1995 ‧ War/Drama ‧ 3h 2m [1]  https://www.google.com/search?q=braveheart&rlz=1C5CHFA_enUS930US930&oq=brave&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j46i433j69i57j69i59j46i433i457j0i433j0i131i433j69i60.3407j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 AND after the votes were in, my "B" challenge became to watch: William Wallace is the medieval Scottish patriot who is spurred into revolt against the English when the love of his life is slaughtered. Leading his army into battles that become a war, his advance into England threatens King Edward I's throne before he is captured...

I'm Tired of Dancing with My Past

It's a routine I've known for at least 30 years. I know it like I know the feel of each bump on my skin as I rub my arms. A familiar 8 count of part self-flagellation, part-curiosity it's a dance I do in the wee hours of the morning when my mind is still running around like a kid on pixie sticks at a birthday party rental at the dance studio. I point my toes and leap, deep diving into the familiar dance routine and steps...search google, look up "XYZ" and just tap dance through posts to see how life is treating them.  It's when you stumble trying to remember dance steps that you did when you were in your twenties that you realize you're getting too old. The bones hit the floor harder these days and when you come across a post dated 2015 where you are referenced as a "much-needed and much-desired divorce", you realize that the old wounds from your early years still throb a bit every now and then. Mind you, I wasn't completely floored by that ...